This is an advertisement
Dinsmore | Immigration
Dinsmore immigration attorneys leverage more than 130 years of cumulative experience to craft strategies and solutions to meet unique immigration needs. We anticipate the areas where the U.S. government may challenge a case, reverse engineer the case to lower the risk of denial, and increase the odds of approval. 

We use leading web-based technology for case management, so your immigration coordinator, managers, and employees can access appropriate case information on a 24/7 basis.

Client Status / Client Login

Register for Immigration Alerts / Update your Information
EB-2 Advanced Degree Professionals

Advanced degree means any U.S. academic or professional degree or a foreign equivalent degree above that of a Baccalaureate. A U.S. Baccalaureate Degree or a Foreign Equivalent Degree followed by at least five years of progressive experience in the specialty shall be considered the equivalent of a Master's Degree. If a Doctoral Degree is customarily required by the specialty, the alien must have a United States Doctorate or a Foreign Equivalent Degree.

To show that the alien is a professional holding an advanced degree, the petition must be accompanied by:

  1. An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. advanced or foreign equivalent degree; or
  2. An official academic record showing that the alien has a U.S. Baccalaureate Degree or foreign equivalent degree, and evidence in the form of letters from current or former employer(s) showing that the alien has at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience in the specialty.

NOTE ABOUT ADVANCE DEGREE PROFESSIONALS: To qualify for the EB-2 advanced professional category, the employment opportunity (as expressed in the underlying labor certification application) must require an advanced degree or equivalent AND the foreign national must possess the advanced degree or equivalent. If the foreign national possesses an advanced degree but the employment opportunity does not require it, then the EB-2 category is not the appropriate designation.

Every petition under this classification must be accompanied by an individual labor certification from the Department of Labor. EXCEPTION: The EB-2 category also includes individuals from whom the labor certification requirement has been waived because the foreign national's employment is determined to be in the national interest.


Dinsmore | Accomplish More

Stay Connected

Google + Facebook Twitter Linked in